30+ Black Male Yogis to Follow on Instagram
currently listening: Pell // All in a Day's Work
I say it all the time. Yoga has changed my life. The number one reason I became a yoga instructor was to show others that yoga can change their lives too. I want others to feel the impact of what a lifestyle of yoga can do for you.
Yoga is life.
Now, I’ve spoken with plenty of guys who feel that yoga is a bit too feminine for them. It’s too slow, too boring, not challenging enough, oh and the winner, “I can’t touch my toes!”.
Yoga is for everybody. Say it with me now: EVERY BODY. Every shape, size, color, and gender. All people can do yoga - even if you can’t touch your toes. And to prove my point, I’ve searched the third most popular social media platform (behind Facebook and Youtube) to create a list of black male yogis who do yoga.
Melanated men do yoga.
These men are amazing. They are husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, athletes, business owners, and of course, yogis! Here are 30+ black men to follow on Instagram who do yoga:
1. Peter - @peter_yogafit
2. Ally B - @iambliving
3. DJ Townsel - @dade2shelby
4. Travis Watkins - @traviswatkins67
24. Steven Rousseau - @brownstonewellness
25. Kemetic Yogi - @kemeticyogi
26. Ultra Fuego Yoga - @ultrafuegoyoga
27. Gene Williams - @premierfitnessmemphis
28. Rich Thurman MA, CSCS, CPT - @coach_rt3
29. K Wilkie - @misterkw
30. James Roberts IV - @jamesroberts96
31. BOS - @gustavo_fit
32. Jamaal Griggs - @j.griggs
33. SuperHumanYogi - @superhumanyogi
34. jean-jacques gabriel - @JeanJacquesGabriel
35. Mr. Melanin - @fivefour321
36. Saiyan Yogi - @iron_yogi06